Monday, October 29, 2007

Halloween Rug in Green Mountain Show, Shelburne, VT

Come In, Dearie! (c) Sunnie Andress, 2007
This rug was an absolute delight to do!
I wanted to create a fun rug pattern that my students and others would enjoy hooking if they loved Halloween! (23 x 29 inches) #5, #6, #8 cuts. This is the design that started with my little drawing of the pumpkin-eggplant witch! I used fun colours, leftover worms and planned most of it as I went! I knew I wanted the teal wool for the sky and the pumpkin orange and eggplant purple...but that's how it started! I love to choose colours as I go...and not plan everything beforehand. It's really a perfect way to work for someone who loves surprises like I do! LOL
Happy Halloween! Booooooo!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

This is such a fun rug! I love the colors you used.