Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Happy Tuesday!


"Hook On"! whimsical rug (c) sunnie andress 2006


Although we're a little tired from our trip to Mass. and Conn. over the weekend, we had a great time! Attended St Michael's Craft Faire in Litchfield, CT and enjoyed it so much. St Michael's church is just beautiful and we had a tour of the church which has some beautiful Tiffany stained glass windows. We also had a great visit with family! : )


The rug above is a funny one that I did when a friend asked me to design a goofy rug pattern on Monk's cloth that, when done, would be a great gift for a hooker with a sense of humor! Or...a small rug pattern that a hooker could do for herself, using up leftover wool "worms" in her worm bags! This was the result!!! : )
The rug always makes me laugh when I pass by it on the way to my studio! I did one for myself because if anyone is "goofy", it's me!!! LOL I used all leftover worms for mine too except for the sky. I have the pattern on Monk's cloth if anyone is interested.
I'm trying to finish rugs, work on Santas, and deal with "life" these days so it is pretty busy here "in the Kingdom"!!! Whew! Hope you are all having a great end-of-Summer-into-Autumn timie!

4 comments:

Rabbit Hill Creations said...

Sunnie, this rug is so cute & fun! I love it and the message.

Suzanne said...

What a cute rug Sunnie! "Leftover worms"! I hadn't heard that before, made me chuckle! :)

Jacque. said...

Sunnie...that is the most fun rug I've seen in a long while! Gives me a bit of a boost toward doing one I've often thought of and just not getting around to. We shall see.

And, yes, that is a little sheepie peeking out in my hooking sneak peek. I've gotten more done, so will probably post a photo later in my blog.

Thanks for playing the middle name game!

Tammy Burks said...

Sunnie,
I really love this rug....absolutely delightful and it makes me SMILE!