Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Middle Name Game : )




I've been tagged for the middle name game by Jacque at The Doodles of My Mind! LOL

Since I don't go by my "real" name...and have taken my maiden name for my middle name on legal forms, etc. my real names don't work with "Sunnie"!!! : )

But I've always liked the name Colleen and I thought that Sunnie Colleen Andress might have been a nice sounding name... so I'll use that:

C would certainly be for "creative" as I've been involved in all types of art and crafts since I was a child.

O would be for "odd" ... most of those who know me would heartily agree, I am sure! LOL I certainly am not known as someone who flows in the mainstream of life. I like the meandering streams that wander about!

L would be for "laughter" as I've always had a sense of humor about life and all those who have to live with or deal with me probably have to have a sense of humor themselves!

L again would stand for"love" as I think it is so important to let those we love know it before it is too late! I know that my family members and friends who have died heard from me how much I loved them. I don't have to regret that I never said the words to them or held them and hugged them.

E would stand for "empathy" as it is necessary for us to be able to imagine ourselves in another's position and attempt to understand them. In this way we can try to appreciate (or at least look with compassion on) those whose experiences, temptations and behaviours are different from our own.


E again would be for education because I believe in it so much!!! It is one of the important things I stressed to my own children. From the time they were young, I helped them to understand that the educational journey was exciting!!! Also that they could learn something from each person they met or book they read. Hopefully, we keep that thirst for knowledge all our lives....I know I have!


N is for "nice"...because I truly believe that "nice matters"!!! It is amazing to see what happiness can be given to another person or a pet when we treat them nicely. A pleasant word is always welcome, and I try to give compliments when I've received good service or been treated well in a shop or on the phone, etc. Even complaints that we have to make can be handled in a pleasant manner. It makes such a difference.


These are things that describe me and how I try to live my life. It was fun to think about them and write them down!! I'm not sure if I can find a Blogger who hasn't been tagged already, but I'll search!!! : )

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

I love your "new" middle name! It has a nice flow. I dropped my middle name and used my maiden too when I got married.

Jacque. said...

Hey Sunnie...thanks so much for playing along. Colleen is a great name...and I love the words you chose.