Tuesday, July 17, 2007

My New Rug Pattern!

Pennsylvania Dutch Patriotic Rider
design -c-sunnie andress 2007
This is my newest rug pattern and I'm hooking it to see how it comes out! I'm testing many of my new patterns on Monk's cloth as I know that the linen is great to work on! : ) I am enjoying Monk's cloth so much more since I got my Snapdragon Frames! They are a joy to work with! Check out their website and eBay offerings!!! Tell them Sunnie sent you!! (They know how much I love their frames!!!!) : ) (And no...I'm not a relative!!!)

I found many similar designs of horses and riders on old samplers, antique frakturs and on some pieces of old painted furniture. These figures are so whimsical and heartwarming that I just wanted to do one based on the old needlework or paintings. Many of the riders were soldiers carrying swords...but I wanted a more peaceful rider so he carries a flag!

This one is great fun to work on and I'm enjoying using these colours too!

Happy Hooking!

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Hi Sunnie~ I love your rug design, and your colors! Beautiful work.
Looks like your grandchildren are enjoying spending time with their grandparents, and vice versa! :)

Sunnie said...

Thank you, Suzanne, for the kind words!
I am really enjoying doing this group of rugs based on designs from the old samplers and frakturs. They are so whimsical and fun and lend themselves to either a basic, quiet colour scheme or a bouncy, colourful one! LOL (Or, if you're like me, doing lots of experimentation!!)

We are enjoying the grandchildren and hoping for some better outdoor weather for them too so we can go to the lake. : )