Friday, July 20, 2007

Patriotic Rider Rug Progress

(c) sunnie andress-2007
I'm making some progress on this rug even though we're doing more running around than usual with the grandchildren here!!! : ) As with all my rugs, I love using wool scraps for some of the leaves, flowers, etc. so that much of the rug is not "planned". I'm happy with the design and think it would be fun for others to enjoy hooking too!
The background under the arch and around the rider is a mixture of 4 or 5 different (medium to pale) hand-dyed and as-is blues. The outer border background will be a wheat coloured as-is plaid. I am using some of my own hand-dyes in this rug and have dyed wool yarn to whip the outer edges when the finishing time comes.


Our weather has been rainy and somewhat stormy so outdoor activities are not quite as pleasant! We're due for some warmer, drier weather next week.

1 comment:

Rabbit Hill Creations said...

Love the colors you have chosen and cant wait to see the finished creation...monks cloth is my favorite to use while hooking.