Saturday, May 19, 2007

Cool Friday and Saturday


I must say that I am enjoying the cooler weather but I'm sure I'm the only one! We do have rather short warm weather seasons and I know most of our residents enjoy their summers!!! I'm not a summer person so I enjoy the autumn, Winter and early Spring the most!
I have added another website to visit to my list at the left...The Birchwood Bed and Breakfast in Derby Line, Vermont is a beautiful place to stay if you are vacationing in this area. Derby Line is a charming village right at the Canadian border so visitors can enjoy day trips into Canada as well as sampling what this beautiful area of Vermont can offer.
We live in a rural area and love the peace and quiet of the country. We have beautiful birds visiting our yards and feeders and we've watched a family of red foxes living in a den at the edge of the woods behind our house.
I'm working on a rug background today. I'm using a beautiful dark as-is plaid that looks black with little flecks of colour when it is hooked. The photo above is from a different rug and shows the technique of using strips with more contrast so that the background looks - wormy-. The use of an as-is or overdyed plaid can give a more solid looking background with subtle changes of colour that adds to the charm of a primitive or folk art rug.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the detail on this one. I bet it looks even nicer in person. Jean