Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Rainy Wednesday!

Both yesterday and today we've had cool, rainy days that seem more like early Spring than after Mother's Day! But at least we don't want to be outside!!!! LOL

I am hooking the last few loops in my Fraktur Angel Floral rug...I got sidetracked planting some flowers and my windowbox, etc. when the weather was great a week ago, so didn't keep working on it as I'd planned. But I'm very happy with how it is turning out. I am laughing at the angel face above, though. In the picture it looks like she/he? is sporting a five-o-clock shadow! Somehow, I don't think angels shave!
As you can see, I am not precise in my hooking...I want that touch of whimsy and the old look of aged folk art. As I study the antique frakturs especially, they have some odd touches that I find very appealing. Many lines are not straight, circles are not always round and, although some of the designs look symmetrical, they really are not. Faces have funny expressions that make you laugh and birds, animals and flowers can be really wild! That's why I enjoy working in the same style and with the same or similar images...it brings me such joy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.