Monday, May 7, 2007

Sunday-Monday and Hint too!



crow from A Gift of the Heart rug pattern
copyright-sunnieandress 2005


Hint...I love plaid wools for giving the effect of gravel paths or cobbly roadways! This is one of my earlier rug patterns and it was great fun to hook! You can see how the plaid makes the walk look gravelly!


I'm still having fun sorting and organizing my studio! I enjoy doing this because I get to look through all my -idea- boxes and baskets where I gather pictures with ideas for future rugs. Sometimes it is just a certain colour combination that catches my eye and sometimes it is a photo of an antique rug or a painting.


Looking through art books, antique magazines and all kinds of needlework publications can spark your own creativity. You don't have to copy...there are many copyright-free designs from Dover that can help if you want to do your own designs but can't draw! Of course, there are a lot of us who just love to design rug patterns so there are many great patterns out there for you to choose from!
Happy Hooking!

No comments: