Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day Weekend


We had a lovely relaxed Mother's Day weekend here. Great weather and a chance to go to the Mother's Day brunch at the Eastside restaurant and enjoy all the goodies. Since we live clear across the US from our children and grandchildren, we can't celebrate the holidays with them. But I was happy to hear from each of my children and it's good to know they are all well and doing fine.


I think I enjoy taking my inspiration and some of my rug designs from folk art of the past because it makes me feel connected to my own mother, aunties and grandmothers, etc. Somehow the old designs speak to me of home, family, work and the beauty of simple things. It is amazing to see the beautiful needlework done by both men and women of the past. Also the intricate samplers done by schoolgirls at a very young age! Somehow, we twine the memories around our hearts when we are sensitive to these antique art pieces...and it brings a peacefulness to us even in this hectic modern time in which we live.


May you have an especially peaceful and pleasant time this week.

No comments: