Thursday, April 26, 2007

Primitive Rug samples for future Patterns



1. Chicken in the Garden
2. a portion of Fairy Cottage
3. Leaping Deer-Autumn
all three original rugs copyright sunnie andress 2005
I have been busy since 2005 working up designs and hooking rugs to use as samples for my own group of hand-drawn patterns. I've also been working on a rug hooking website where my patterns will be for sale, but it is still in progress. Too few hours in the day!


It's really been a delightful journey and I focus on patterns that are easy and fun for beginning hookers to do. Most are my copyrighted originals, but a few are my versions of rugs in the public domain and I certainly don't claim any copyright on them! I also do one-of-a-kind rugs for customers and I really enjoy that.


I love rugs with a folk-art feeling and those with a lot of deep colours as you can see in my work. The rugs I am working on now are also in deep rich colours!

1 comment:

Tammy Burks said...

Sunnie,
I still think that your Leaping Deer is my favorite....I have a "thing" for deer!!! Love the colors in this one!!!
Tammy