Thursday, April 26, 2007

Rug Hooking Hint Today


One of the best things, and the most helpful items I have in my studio is a fabric-covered plywood board...about three by four feet.


When I take a rest from hooking while having lunch, etc. I clip my in-progress rug to the board, lean the board up against one of my tables and view it from a distance. Seeing it flat - not curved over a chair or sofa back-lets me see if my design is working, if a colour is fitting in or I need to zip a strip out, etc. Also it gives me some time to study the design and decide what I am going to do for a border. Since I don't plan my rugs, at least in the accepted sense of the word, I usually wait until I have finished the rug without the border to decide if a border is really needed.


I always leave room for a border, however, when I draw my pattern on. Also, I usually don't zigzag around the edge of my design before I start hooking so I can change my mind about size, borders, etc.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

haha very nice post I enjoyed it.



Rug Hooking