Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Sunny Tuesday in the Northeast Kingdom


Kitty's Fantasy Garden-rug design copyright sunnie andress 2005
Another beautiful day in Vermont with sunshine and a cool wind blowing. Our cat was anxious to get outside this morning as she has been staying inside during our early Spring cold, snowy and stormy weather. We love cats and also love birds and we feed the birds all Winter. Of course, that puts us in a bit of a pickle as you know what a combination cats and birds are!
I will continue my sorting and organizing work in the studio today and it is so nice to see it coming back to a cleaner and more orderly space. I tend to throw fabric around when I work- on both rugs and Santas- so the studio gets pretty messy as the year progresses. I am not always good at putting things back in their proper places very quickly!
I will hook some today on my current rug - Fraktur Angel Floral - and hope to have it finished and ready to bind and edge-whip by the weekend. I have such fun doing all my rugs but this has been delightful. I've used about 12-14 different plaids, mottled dyes and as -is wools in the background of this rug! Whew!
I also must return to the second rug I am working on...
Be My Love - A Sampler Valentine
...as it is also a fun rug to hook and would be appropriate for an anniversary, wedding or engagement gift for yourself or someone special!
Almost all of my rug designs can be done by beginners. They are done in a freewheeling folk art style and have a lot going on in the design, but the shapes and images are themselves large and easy to hook. Only the faces and small accents are done in a number 5 cut...everything else is in number 6, 8 or hand-cut.


1 comment:

Tammy Burks said...

Sunnie,
I just love this cat rug....love the bright colors and how they play against the darks....also the design is FABULOUS!!
Tammy