Friday, April 27, 2007

Rug Hooker's Hint for Today


Posy Circle footstool cover - please feel free to copy this pattern and use it!
Just a little reminder though...We artists love to share our work but we appreciate all of our viewers respecting the copyright laws and not copying our original designs. If you are interested in any of my rugs, please contact me through Sunnie Andress Designs until I get my rug hooking website up and running. Thank you so much!
Sometimes simple designs are the best! I used this little footstool in my Beginner's class to show how simply cutting paper and using the cutouts for a pattern can make an easy design. I just grabbed a sheet of copy paper, chopped off the end to make an 8 1/2 by 8 1/2 inch square, folded it into fourths and cut out a freehand leaf shape. I have a few different-size poster paper circles for chair pads so I just put a circle pattern on Monk's cloth, drew around it, laid the paper 4-leaf pattern in the center, drew around the leaves, , used a straightedge to draw the center lines and cut out a small poster paper circle. I drew around the small circle for the posy heads and we had a footstool cover !

No comments: