Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Cool Tuesday Too!


We had a cool and rainy weekend but that means more time to stay inside and hook! LOL
I am making progress on my Hous Segen rug and it is such fun to do. The funny little faces with their ragdoll-like expressions make me smile every time I work on them.

I met with the Primitive rug hookers down at Quilter's Quisine again on Saturday and we had a great time hooking and visiting. I took some wools down for the ladies...hand-dyed and as-is textures. I enjoy the dying and love to experiment...although my experiments are hard to duplicate as I don't always keep records!!!

I think I am finally getting enough rugs to photograph for samples so that I can get my Rug Hooking website up and running. There just don't seem to be enough hours in the day to do what I want to do...and I hook pretty fast!

1 comment:

Rabbit Hill Creations said...

Hi Sunnie, I really like the colors you are mixing together in this rug!....I cant wait to see the finished piece. I love the wool that I get from Tammy, Renne & Marita, its the best. I pulled up some pictures of your rugs from your gallery, and I have to agree that our style is similar...I love to do my borders in that free flowing squiggly design, it allows me to add more images if I need to...the rug I'm currently working on is a bit different from my norm, a bit fun & whimsical, I'm stepping out of the box a bit...Oh you'll have to do a rabbit rug!...what folkart rug hooking artist dosn't???...maybe we could each design one then swap! :) Toni