Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Still Cool Wednesday!

The Lupines are just coming on...I love them!

This weather is sure nice for me...but the summer people are not very enthusiastic about it! I could take a little warmer weather too, as our summers here in Vermont tend to be short. But it is nice working with wools when the days are pleasantly cool...with a little rain and a little wind.

I seem to have developed a craving for wonderful birdhouses and have purchased several to use as decorative ones. We have working birdhouses already for the beautiful birds that come to stay with us in the summer!

I continue working on the Hous Segen rug and hope to finish it in the next few days. Then I'll hope for a sunny day with no wind so I can photograph rugs outside. Toni at Rabbit Hill has gotten me thinking about a rabbit rug as her creations are so delightful and hoppy! LOL I've never done one with rabbits. I've done a crow with boots, a cat, a chicken in the garden, an antique reproduction of two roosters, a cat and dog, a leaping deer, two crows and pumpkins, a Polly Minick rug of three primitive chickens and several rugs with birds!

All my work is designed in the folk art style, whimsical
and a little wacky...and I do my own designs almost exclusively. But it is fun to do another artist's design from time to time...or a reproduction , perhaps as shown in the Kopp book - American Hooked and Sewn Rugs.

Hmmm...a wacky rabbit might be just the thing!

I'm off to the studio to hook and dream!

1 comment:

Rabbit Hill Creations said...

Hurray!!!....sunnie rabbits from Vermont on their way!!...:)