Friday, June 15, 2007

Summer Days!

Kitty's Fantasy Garden c-sunnie2005
Yesterday and today are just the kind of beautiful summer days I love.
Wonderful green trees, brilliant flowers and sunshine with a
breeze blowing in through the windows make us thankful to be here in the country!
This is one of my early rugs, done in 2005 when I first started designing and hooking using - wide-cut- wools. Our cat, Cassie, loves to sit in the flowers and she always looks hopeful that something will run by! Or is she dreaming of fish? I thought I'd hook a whimsical kitty in the garden, dreaming of a fish dinner!!

I am stripping wallpaper and redoing our little bathroom...we decided to get some new flooring so, of course, I had to redo the whole bathroom! I was tired of the blue and wanted a more country look so am trying cream and sage green. Our house is small, so redoing a room isn't the job it could be! LOL

The carpenter who helped us many years ago with our remodeling was also working on another house at the same time. He said that it was a shock to go back and forth because the kitchen of that house was larger than our entire first floor - kitchen, parlour, little parlour and dining room!

2 comments:

Rabbit Hill Creations said...

Love Kitty's rug...the colors are beautiful...so vibrant, love the colors combo you used.

Scallywags Scribbles said...

Sunnie, thank you for taking the time to look at my blog and adding my link.I have added your link to mine. I love your hooked rugs, it is a craft i really want to tackle this year. i will be visiting your blog often too, to see what you're up to.
thanks again