Monday, June 25, 2007

Granny's Old Blue Vase


Granny's Old Blue Vase (c) Sunnie Andress 2005


When I posted the closeup of part of this rug earlier, I was showing my hooking style...this is the complete rug. It is also one of my earlier rugs! I was thinking about my Mom, Aunties and Grandmothers and they all seemed to have an odd, homely blue vase in their collections. We all used them because each vase seemed to be such a nice size for flowers! I did the ripple afghan border because all of those same ladies had one somewhere in the house! On a bed, over a chair arm or over a sofa back! It just seemed fitting somehow!!! LOL

7 comments:

maureenm said...

Thanks for the friendly comments on our Quoddy Loopers blog – and the link! We do have a lot of fun, and anytime you’re in St Andrews… on a Wednesday, come and hook with us! Both Sande and Deanne’s shops are worth a good lingering stop, as well... purely a personal comment – I don’t get a commission… ;-) I've seen a few Vermont stops I’d like to make one of these days.

Cheers,

Maureen

Rabbit Hill Creations said...

Sunnie...absolutely beautiful!...just how big is this?

Sunnie said...

Thanks, Maureen...I'd love to visit you all up there!!! : )

Hi Toni...this rug is 20 by 25 inches. I usually work on rugs that are in this size range although I have some designed that are larger! Haven't done them yet! This is in a #8 cut for the most part. I use some scrapbag pieces and they might be a different size. : )
Thank you for the kind words!!!

Angela said...

Gorgeous work!

Scallywags Scribbles said...

Love your rugs, got to get myself moving and learn this craft.

Sunnie said...

Thank you all for the nice comments! Rug Hooking is such a pleasant art/craft and, once you find your own rhythm in pulling up the loops, it is very easy and peaceful. : )

Lana Manis said...

Sunnie, the rug is beautiful and I love the fact that you have hooked things that remind you of family into the design.

Lana